Complaints About School Personnel
Complaints About School Personneltitle
Governing Boards are legally required to safeguard employees from individuals who may upbraid, insult or abuse them (illegal acts). In addition, personnel matters, especially anything valuative in nature, must be done in a closed board meeting.
The procedure for filing a complaint is as follows:
- A complaint concerning a school employee should first be made directly to the person the complaint concerns.
- If unresolved, then the complaint should be directed to the Principal in writing, for review and analysis.
- If unresolved, the complaint shall be referred to the Superintendent.
- The Superintendent's decision shall be final, unless one of the parties involved requests a closed session before the Board of Education on the complaint. When a complaint is made directly to the Board as a whole or to an individual Board member, it shall be referred to the administration for study and possible solution
Complaint Form: English Spanish
Uniform Complaint Procedures
Uniform Complaint Procedurestitle
The responsibilities of the complainant, the local educational agency, and the California Department of Education according to California Code of Regulations, Title 5, sections 4600-4687.Click here
Click a link below to view OUSD Annual Notice & Complaint Procedure Form:
Complaints About Materials
Complaints About Materialstitle
If you wish to lodge a complaint about instructional materials or programs, please present your criticism in writing to the Superintendent.
Written complaints about instructional materials should contain the following information:
- Title of book, recording, film or other item of instructional material.
- Name of author, publisher, producer, and/or sponsor.
- Citation of the pages and specific passages in question; reference to specific illustrations or scenes in question. (Isolated statements quoted out of context cannot be accepted as evidence to substantiate a complaint.)
- Identification of complainant by name, address, any pertinent affiliation, and a statement of the basis for criticizing the particular item.
A review of the complaints of instructional materials will be made and the Superintendent will notify you of the decision.