English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)title
Each school in the Willows Unified School District has an English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) to give parents of English Learners the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the programs offered to their students.
- Participate in the school-wide assessment of the needs of English Learner students, parents, and teachers..
- Provide advice to the principal and staff on positive and effective actions to improve learning for English Learners, support full participation in school activities and support regular school attendance.
The ELAC is composed of:
- Parents of English Learners
- Principal or designee
- Teachers of English Learners
- Resource teachers
- Instruction aides
- Other parents
The ELAC coordinates with the District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC) and the school site council
. Members participate in training provided by the school and the District.
District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC)
District English Learners Advisory Committee (DELAC)title
The DELAC is an advisory board that works at the District level to:
- Advise the Orland Unified School District Superintendent and Board of Trustees regarding the District Master Plan for English Learners.
- Conduct an on-going review of the Master Plan and recommends modifications to reflect changing needs and priorities.
- Review the implementation and effectiveness of programs for English Learners.
- Develop annual reports to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees on the status of programs for English Learners.
- Monitors compliance with state and federal requirements.