To Volunteer on campus or on field trips:
1. Complete the "Application for volunteer" form, available at the District Office or www.orlandusd.net/forms
(Every school year)
2. Get a "Request for background check" from the District Office. Call and make an appointment with Glenn County Office of Education to get fingerprinted. Take your completed form with you to your appointment along with your Driver's License (530-934-6575) This only needs to be done once during your child's education in OUSD.
3. Turn in a clear TB Test to the District Office. Orland Health Department does TB tests on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. (530-865-6735)
4. Have your photo taken at the District Office for an ID Badge. Always wear your badge when volunteering. (Every school year)
To volunteer to drive:
In addition to the above steps
1. Complete the "Driver's Certification" form. Available at the District Office or www.orlandusd.net/forms
. (Every school year)
2. Get an "H6" printout from the DMV. (Every school year)
3. To drive your personal vehicle, you will need to provide proof of insurance. (Every school year) The minimum acceptable liability for privately owned vehicles is $100,000 per occurrence. If you transport students often, it is recommended that your coverage by $300,000 per occurrence.
**Please keep in mind this process can take a couple weeks. Please be sure to plan ahead for any activities you wish to volunteer for. Thank you**